Welcome to so.loved.japan! This is a location for information and updates from Luke and Jenna Fangman as we walk towards joining Mustard Seed Network to plant gospel-centered churches in unreached urban Japan. We hope you’ll read on. God bless!
Where are we going?
The metro area of Sendai, in northeast Japan, is home to over 2 million people, 99% of whom don’t know Jesus. Internationally, the Sendai area is known for the 9.0 magnitude earthquake and tsunami that occurred in March of 2011. Thousands of people were killed and buildings were destroyed. At this point, Sendai’s economy has recovered and the city hosts a college student population per capita among the highest in Japan. Yet, there remains a desperate need for hope, for the One who can be counted on to calm the wind and the waves and to call us out upon the waters with Him.
Into this city, by the grace of God we get to join the work of preaching the gospel to make disciples to begin Mustard Seed Christian Church – Sendai. Click below for more.
Previous Articles & Updates:
- Happy Thanksgiving! – November 2020 Update
- October 2020 Update:)
- New Steps – September 2020 Update
- August 2020 Update
- July 2020 Update
- Just Keep Waiting – June 2020 Update:)
- May 2020 Update
- April 2020 Update:)
- Gospel for an Update World – March 2020 Update
- Beautiful Church – February 2020 Update
- Goals, Faith, Excuses – January 2020 Update
- December 2019 Update 🙂
- Happy Holidays! – November 2019 Update
- “Who Cares?” – October 2019 Update
- MTI – September 2019 Update
- There’s No Place Like “Home”: August 2019
- Letting Go: July 2019
- June 2019 Update
- May 2019 Update
- April 2019 Update
- March 2019 Update
- February 2019 Update
- Big Announcement
- Why “so.loved.japan”?
- How to Partner with Us?